I'm just a busy wife and mom who loves to cook (and hates to clean up afterward), balancing the many hats I wear and trying to look cool, calm, and collected while doing it...

Oh, and I rarely measure anything when I cook, so consider yourself warned. Love good food. Try new things. Eat to your heart's content.

Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Tater Tot Casserole!

Straight from school cafeterias in the 1960's, aka Lunch Lady Land, I bring you a super easy, probably not super healthy (Cream of Mushroom Soup is involved... need I say more?!) recipe for Tater Tot Casserole!

Tater Tot Casserole
1 lb. Ground beef or turkey
Seasoning for the meat (I like onion, garlic, seasoning salt, pepper. and that good ol' 21 Seasoning Salute from Trader Joe's)
1 can Cream of Mushroom Soup
1 can of green beans, drained (you can sub other veggies here. Peas and corn work... I just hate them!)
32oz bag of frozen Tater Tots
Cheese... probably 1 1/2- 2 cups... I never measure...

Preheat your oven to 375.
Put an even layer of frozen tots in a 9x13 baking dish. Sprinkle with cheese.
Cook meat with seasoning until it's done.
Add the mushroom soup and green beans to the meat. Pour that over the tots in the pan. Add the rest of the tots to the top of the meat mixture, and top with cheese.
Cover and cook for 30 minutes. Remove foil and cook 15 more minutes, until it starts to brown.

**This Picture is terrible... sorry!

No comments:

Post a Comment