I'm just a busy wife and mom who loves to cook (and hates to clean up afterward), balancing the many hats I wear and trying to look cool, calm, and collected while doing it...

Oh, and I rarely measure anything when I cook, so consider yourself warned. Love good food. Try new things. Eat to your heart's content.

Monday, April 9, 2012

Microwave "Light" Chicken Fajitas

I've decided that I need to start eating healthier again... after realizing that I've gained about 30 lbs this past year!! So I'm starting to use SparkPeople.com again, which means taking advantage of their recipe calculator!

This is a super fast meal, great for weeknights. I use The Pampered Chef's Deep Covered Baker for mine, but any microwaveable 3 or more Qt. covered stone-type of baking dish would work. I usually get this to the table in about 20 minutes or less! (Sorry I don't have a better picture of this... it's really good though!)


A one taco serving (which is really big/filling!) has 294 calories, about 10 g, fat, 26 carbs, almost 11 g fiber, 4 sugars, and 30 g. protein.

Quick Light Chicken Fajitas
Fajitas
1 Lb Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast Tenders
1 Red Bell Pepper
1 Green Bell Pepper
1/2 large red onion
1/2 tsp. Garlic Salt
2 tsp. Ground Cumin
2 tsp. Coriander
1 tsp. Chili Powder
1 tsp. Taco seasoning
1 tsp. Garlic Powder
Toppings:
3/4 c. Light Sour Cream
3/4 c. Light Mexican Blend Cheese
3/4 c. Garlic Chipotle Salsa (or whatever you like...)
1 c. Canned Pinto Beans, heated up
1 Pkg (6 total) La Tortilla Factory Sonoma Carb Cutting Tortillas

In your baking dish, line your chicken breast tenders so they cover the bottom. Slice your peppers and onion into strips, and put on top of the chicken. Top with all the seasonings, and stir to coat the veggies. Cover and microwave for 12 minutes (,If using frozen chicken, just add 3 minutes to the cooking time.) or until the chicken reaches 165 degrees in the meatiest parts. Use kitchen shears to cut the chicken in the pan and mix it well. Put the fajita mixture into the tortillas and top as desired.

No comments:

Post a Comment