I'm just a busy wife and mom who loves to cook (and hates to clean up afterward), balancing the many hats I wear and trying to look cool, calm, and collected while doing it...

Oh, and I rarely measure anything when I cook, so consider yourself warned. Love good food. Try new things. Eat to your heart's content.

Sunday, October 20, 2013

Harvest Dump Cake


Harvest Dump Cake
 
 
 
Dump cake.
That's, like, the worst name for a dessert ever.
 
Or maybe I should just get out of the 3rd grade frame of mind. I blame my almost-8-year-old daughter... whom I love and adore, and thinks the word "duty" is hilarious.
 
But really, for this kind of dessert, that's pretty much all you have to do. Dump it all in a pan, without even having to stir, and bake away.
 
This particular cake combines two of the best Fall flavors: Apples and Pumpkin. It's Autumn on a plate! And is especially yummy served warm, with vanilla ice cream.
 
Now if only this So. Cal. weather would get the hint that it's Fall and cool down so I could wear sweaters and boots already...
 
 

Harvest Dump Cake

1 box (15 oz) Spice Cake Mix

1 can  (21 oz)Apple Pie Filling

1 can (15 oz) Pumpkin Pie Filling (Not Puree)

3 Tbsp. Brown Sugar

Pinch of Salt

1 envelope Spiced Apple Cider Drink Mix (optional)

1 1/2 sticks Butter, melted

 
Preheat oven to 350, and grease or butter a 9x13 pan.
 
Combine apple pie filling, pumpkin pie filling, brown sugar, and salt.
 
Spread evenly in greased pan. Sprinkle package of apple cider mix over the apple/pumpkin filling.
 
Top evenly with the dry spice cake mix.
 
Pour the melted butter evenly over the cake mix. (There will be some dry spots. Don't stir it though!)
 
Bake for 45-60 minutes, until the top is golden and the sides are bubbly.
 
Golden top...
 
Bubbly sides...
 
 
Serve warm, with vanilla ice cream.
 
 

And PS you should really smell my house right now. AMAZING!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment